What is Omega-3 acid?
This is a kind of acid which is obtained from fatty fishes. Research in the recent decades has found out that the two constituents of omega-3 acid, viz, DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) have the capacity to provide us with some health benefits. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to cut down on the blood fat levels (triglycerides). The use of Omega-3 acids in pharmaceuticals can be used to curb arthritis. Omega-3 acids are also advisable during pregnancies, as they assist to form the neurological and visual development of babies. They are also helpful in reducing symptoms of depression and ADHD. The benefits are numerous. Read the Now Foods Omega-3 review for a detailed description about the Omega-3 supplement.
Now Foods Omega-3
The Omega-3 supplements manufactured by Now Foods are done so under strict quality control and safe procedures. The supplement is tested for any toxic elements such as heavy metals, dioxins, etc. before they are certified for consumption. The soft gel in the tablets is manufactured to eliminate fish odor so that the tablet can be consumed by those who experience nausea. The tablets also claim to have a no after taste.
The Now Foods Omega-3 supplements contain 560mg of EPA and 290 mg of DHA. The natural fish oil concentration is 1020 mg. It also contains Vitamin e to prevent the capsules from spoilage. The supplement also contains mercury up to 2 PPB and PCB up to 0.04 PPM.
As mentioned earlier, the benefits of Now Foods Omega-3 acids are numerous. Let’s list them down.
- Regulation of Triglycerides: Omega-3 fatty acids by Now Foods help to prevent coronary heart and cardiovascular diseases. This is because they help to regulate the level of fats in the blood. The food you consume is majorly responsible for the increase in levels of blood fat, which can coagulate and block the arteries, which may lead to increase the chances of heart attacks. The supplements are also cholesterol free.
- Protection from Alzheimer’s and Dementia: Once you start consuming the supplements, your chances of getting Alzheimer’s and Dementia will reduce considerably. This is because Omega-3 acids help to boost memory.
- Antidepressant: Omega-3 fatty acids are also considered to be good antidepressants. They promote the feeling of well-being and help to keep the mind healthy.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Severe joint pain and inflammation are on the rise due to certain lifestyle changes which increase the chances of a person getting arthritis. The EPA and DHA in Omega-3 acids help to curb the joint aches and inflammations and are therefore recommended for individuals who are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Development of Babies: Expecting mothers are also recommended dosages since the Omega-3 acids help the baby to develop its visual and neurological capacities.
- Asthma Regulation: People who have asthma can also consume Omega-3 acids as they assist in improving the functioning of the lungs.
- ADHD Regulation: Omega-3 acids can help to improve the mental capabilities in children and prevent them from showing symptoms of ADHD. This can also promote improved learning and concentration power, which is essential for children.
- Enteric Coat: The Omega-3 supplements by Now Foods are enteric coated. This means that you will not get to experience any fish odor.
- No After Taste: Consumers of Now Foods Omega-3 experience no fishy aftertaste once they consume the tablets.
- People who may not be used to consuming fish oil pills may experience nausea, although if the consumption continues, they can get used to it. Other than this, there are no reported side effects of this supplement.
The Omega-3 supplements by Now Foods have positive feedbacks from many consumers. The health benefits offered by the supplements are many, and as of such, no side effects of the products have been reported, thus making the supplements an excellent choice for promoting the overall well-being. However, one should always take the supplements in limited dosages. Check for the Omega-3 requirements with your physician and then proceed with the dosage.