BCAA stand for branched chain amino acids, which are supplements which assist in bodybuilding. These are essential amino acids which are required for the process of muscle growth. The human body produces around 25 different amino acids which are needed for the process of muscular growth. Most of these amino acids are produced in the body; around 8 of them are not. These are acquired through the food we eat. The BCAAs help to create the proteins needed to produce muscular mass. By consuming BCAA, we only assist and catalyze the process of muscular development. This is one of the primary reasons why BCAA supplements are considered to be one of the best bodybuilding supplements; because they supply the body with amino acids, which are the building blocks of all everything.
There are many companies which make and supply BCAA supplements in the market. The demand for BCAA supplements has also increased. This is because of the ever growing number of people who are hitting the gyms to get in shape and lead a healthy lifestyle. The knowledge about supplements has also spread to a much larger audience through word of mouth and internet access. Therefore, it has become very simple just to log into your computer, enter the name of the supplement and in seconds, you will get hundreds of results for your search. Thus the information available on body building supplements is also extremely comprehensive.
The reason why BCAA supplements have gained popularity is due to the numerous health benefits they offer. The brands, which offer amino acid supplement benefits, have been comprehensively reviewed by many fitness experts so that users know what an amino acid is, how it works, what are the pros and cons of amino acid supplements and which brands are the best for BCAA supplements.
Benefits of BCAA
- Assist in Protein Synthesis: BCAAs are known to help in the process of protein synthesis. This is an added advantage which BCAAs have over dietary protein. BCAAs such as leucine assist in the process of protein synthesis because they are already broken down into the necessary amino acid form which is needed for protein synthesis. This increase the rate of protein synthesis.
- Increase Muscle Growth: Since BCAAs help in the process of protein synthesis, they also assist in the process of muscle recovery. If muscle recovery is happening at a constant rate, then it will directly lead to more muscle growth. Workout with BCAA supplements will help you to gain muscle mass quicker.
- Reduction of Muscle Breakdown: BCAAs will assist in the reduction of muscle breakdown. This is because they reduce the amount of bases which are released to break down proteins. Of you consider this with the process of protein synthesis, then it can lead to the reduction in the breakdown of muscles, especially during workouts. This will also help you to get muscle mass.
- Reduce Tiredness: BCAAs can also contribute to removing fatigue and tiredness. For many people, working out becomes an excruciating task after a long day at work. A dose of BCAAs can help to supply the body with the energy which is required to reduce the tiredness before workouts. This will also assist you to workout better at the gym. Your concentration and focus will increase. Thus you will be able to work out for a longer period and lift heavier. BCAAs inhibit the process of release of serotonin in the body. It is the hormone which causes the perception of fatigue, especially during workouts.
- Reduction in Muscle Soreness: When you workout, the muscles tend to become sore. This causes you to reduce the exercise intensity because of the muscular ache your experience. BCAAs can help to reduce the muscle soreness. This means that you can push yourself harder to complete the target sets and reps.
- Overall Wellbeing: The amino acids are good for the overall well-being of the body. They help in the circulation of oxygen to different parts of the body. They also aid in the creation of antibodies. This makes you resistant to falling ill. Many people miss out on their workouts or are not able to perform up to the mark because of their poor health. BCAAs will help your body to recover so that you will be able to achieve your fitness goals.
There are many brands which offer BCAA supplements. Before purchasing any supplements, you need first to know what are the essential amino acids. Just because everyone else is using the supplements does not mean that you should be using them blindly. You need to know what are amino acids useful for before you start using them.
Before commencing any supplements, you should perform an assessment of what your body is lacking. This will then tell you what exactly your body needs. While BCAAs have many health benefits, they can also have certain adverse effects such as sleep disruption and deplete the vitamin B in the body. So it is recommended that you first get an assessment is done by a nutrition expert, and then you can decide whether you need BCAA supplements.
There are many websites which will tell you the names of the brands which sell the best BCAA supplements and the ones you should stay away from. One of the major issues while purchasing BCAA supplements is the quality. If you do not buy quality supplements, then you will be compromising on your health and all the health benefits of BCAA will turn into an excruciating nightmare. To prevent this from happening, always purchase supplements which are recommended by fitness experts. Multiple checks should be performed before purchase. You can do this by referring to different reviews about the same product, supplements, and brands comparison and the most important, you fitness expert! Hope you pick well and get all the BCAA benefits!